Class Fund Agents and Reunion Gift Committees
St. Olaf Fund volunteers serve as a part of a class fundraising team, sharing the responsibility of keeping in touch with fellow classmates and asking them to support current Oles through a gift to the St. Olaf Fund.
They act as “stewards” of a core group of 10-15 people a year. The purpose is to have those personal connections be the foundation of a successful class gift.
This model works because it puts the ownership of the annual giving program in volunteers’ hands. Oles asking Oles to support Oles. The college will still send out direct mail and support volunteer efforts. But, the success of the St. Olaf Fund depends on passionate volunteers making the case to their classmates to support current students.
- Ask a group of classmates for a gift to the St. Olaf Fund each academic year.
- Make your own personally meaningful gift to the St. Olaf Fund each year.
- Thank supporters for their gift with a personal note.
- Attend the Summit on the Hill (typically September/October).
- Assist in writing or editing a spring solicitation letter (template provided, duties rotated between Class Fund Agents).
- Help recruit additional volunteers.
- Maintain regular communication with annual giving staff by reporting results and making them aware of peer concerns and questions.
Alumni volunteers play a critical role in securing gifts that have an immediate impact on each and every student on the Hill. Take this chance to get involved and make the St. Olaf experience possible for current and future Oles.
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-733-6523 today.