St. Olaf College has a supportive and growing community of Jewish students. Our Associate Chaplain for Jewish Life, Rabbi Shosh Dworsky, leads services on High Holidays, offers a Torah study and meets with students to discuss all matters of college life. The student led, Jewish Student Organization, is also an active presence on the hill.
During the first semester of the 2020-2021 academic year, Rabbi Shosh Dworsky will offer a combination of in-person and virtual programming.
Upcoming Celebrations of Sabbath and High Holidays
- Tu b’Shevat informal Seder on January 30 at 7:30 PM.
- There is also an inter-religious prayer and meditation room in Boe Memorial Chapel.
- “Just Torah” (Zoom link here) – A virtual Torah study that focuses on issues of justice, Thursday 11:30 AM-12:30 PM.
- Virtual Hebrew classes (contact Rabbi Shosh Dworsky for Zoom details) – Thursday 4:00-4:45 PM.
- “Everything That You Wanted To Know About Judaism, But Were Afraid To Ask” (Zoom link here) – Meets for three Wednesdays at 4 PM (February 24, March 3 and 10).