St. Olaf Recreation suggests all participants seek a physician’s clearance prior to participation in any fitness or physical activity program.
St. Olaf Recreation holds that all persons shall have equitable access to programs and facilities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Any destruction, defamation of property, or discrimination against any person will not be tolerated within Recreation’s programs or facilities.
St. Olaf Recreation requires all users of its recreation facilities and participants in its activities to dress in a manner suitable for recreational activity. The purposes for doing so are to contribute to the health and safety of participants, reduce facility and equipment maintenance costs, and create a welcoming and inclusive environment for the College’s diverse population.
- Athletic-style footwear with non-marking soles, closed toes, and closed heels must be worn while in the facilities or engaging in Recreation activities.
- Attire must cover the chest and buttocks. See-through garments are prohibited.
- All clothing must be free of profanity, offensive language, and offensive graphics.
- Attire that could cause damage to equipment (via buttons or rivets, for example) or the facility, or create individual risk is prohibited.
- Footwear is not permitted in the pool or multipurpose room. However, patrons should wear appropriate footwear to and from those spaces.
- For swimming, proper swim attire is required. No see-through garments or underwear are allowed.
Appropriate Behavior and Conduct
- Recreation supervisors have the right to remove anyone for behavior deemed unsafe or inappropriate.
- Recreation supervisors have final authority on all matters concerning safety and emergency situations in all facilities until relieved by proper authorities.
- Patrons must complete their Hold Harmless Agreement at least once per year in order to access the facility.
- Patrons must present their current St. Olaf ID at the Tostrud front desk to validate their eligibility to use the facility.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff are permitted to have an occasional guest at the facility (not on an ongoing basis). The patron who is sponsoring the guest must check-in with the Tostrud front desk to have their guest sign the waiver. Patrons who abuse this privilege will lose it.
- Service animals are permitted. No pets.
- The majority of locker rooms are reserved for Varsity Athletic Teams. Patrons are not permitted to utilize designated Athletic Team locker rooms.
- St. Olaf Students are permitted to use the Skoglund lower hallway locker rooms are attached to the pool (014 and 015).
- Non-Student Patrons are permitted to use the Tostrud lower hallway locker rooms adjacent to the weight room when not in use by visiting Athletic Teams. In general, these locker rooms are available Mondays-Fridays from 6:30am-1:30pm. However, please pay attention to posted signage.
- All lockers are day use only. Patrons are not permitted to leave items in lockers overnight. (Exception: Students in swimming SPM classes will be assigned lockers through Kinesiology).
St. Olaf Recreation recognizes that various spaces within Tostrud/Skoglund may have their own specific policies. Those important policies are outlined below.
- Patrons are required to shower prior to entering the pool. Showers can be taken in the lower Skoglund locker rooms (for students) or the lower Tostrud locker rooms (for non-students).
- Patrons are not permitted to use diving boards or starting blocks during lap swim. Nor are patrons allowed to jump into the pool.
- Running, jumping, hopping or skipping on the pool deck is not permitted.
- Recreation lifeguards are the ultimate authority in the Pool area.
gym and fieldhouse
- Athletic-style footwear with non-marking soles, closed toes, and closed heels) must be worn while in the facilities or engaging in Recreation activities.
- No food or drink (other than water) are permitted in these spaces.
- These spaces are consistently reserved by Athletics, Kinesiology, Club Sports, Intramurals, and Music. When reserved, patrons do not have access to these spaces without express permission by persons responsible for the organization utilizing the space. Patrons are encouraged to check 25Live prior to coming to the facility.