**Additionally, music majors must take music lessons and participate in a musical ensemble. (B.A. lessons are 0.25 credit, B.M. lessons are 1.0 credit.
Students with a background in music composition can take MUSIC 223 (Composition)
CREDIT FOR PREVIOUS COURSEWORK/PLACEMENT
- No major credit is offered for high school courses, although students receive 1.0 general college credit if they earn a 5 on the AP Music Theory exam
- Musicianship: All potential music majors should contact David Castro (firstname.lastname@example.org) to take a placement test to be placed into either MUSIC 112 (Intro to Musicianship) or MUSIC 114 (Musicianship: Tonality)
- Keyboard Screening: All potential music majors should contact the music office to take a keyboard screening to be placed into MUSIC 161, 162, 261 or 262 (Piano Class I, II, III or IV)
- Lessons: All St. Olaf students are welcome to sign up for music lessons by contacting Cheryl Bristol as per the information in the Music Handbook.
- Music Ensembles: All St. Olaf students are welcome to audition for music ensembles by contacting the conductor for information on the audition process.
Nothing available at this time.
Chair, Department of Music – Kathryn Ananda-Owens (email@example.com)
Vice-Chair, Department of Music – David Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org)