Almost all students begin the physics major with Physics 130. This course is only offered in the fall semester.
Consult with the department chair if you are interested in starting with Physics 131 or 232. Though rare, these placements are appropriate in some cases.
CREDIT FOR PREVIOUS COURSEWORK/PLACEMENT
- Receiving credit for previous coursework does not imply placement beyond Physics 130. Consult with the department chair to discuss placement.
- AP / IB: Course credit is given for a score of 5 on AP Physics 1, 2, C-Mech. or C-E&M, or a score of 5-7 on IB HL. Lab portfolio review is required to be considered for fulfillment of the ‘SED’ general education requirement.
- Cambridge A Levels: Course credit and fulfillment of the ‘SED’ requirement are given for a score of “A”.
- Credits for transfer courses or other programs are done in consultation with the Registrar and the Physics Chair.
- Consult with the department chair if you are interested in starting with Physics 131 or 232. Though rare, these placements are appropriate in some cases.
Visiting speakers, career panels, graduate school panels, picnics and more.
Chair, Department of Physics – Brian Borovsky (email@example.com)