How to be involved in theater
- The theater interest email alias is a great way to find out about auditions, positions available and all things theater. Contact the main office to be added.
- There are five department produced productions a year along with a one act play festival directed by the students of the upper level directing class.
- Audition for an acting role. Participate in production – work on scenery, properties, costumes, lighting, sound or publicity. Students can work on productions for .25 lab course credit. For more information check out our audition page, lab page or contact the main theater office.
- Anyone can be involved in theater productions, audition or work on a crew — not just majors.
- Theater rehearsal time doesn’t conflict with any major musical organizations. Rehearsals generally are five nights a week for four to six weeks before a show opens.
- 20 student design positions are available every year in all production areas, as well as some assistant positions.
- For those who have a work award there may be student work jobs available with the theater department.
- Alpha Psi Omega (Zeta Mu Chapter). APO (Zeta Mu) is a nationally recognized theater honor society which initiates members on an annual basis after they have accrued a certain number of points from theater and theater service involvement.
- There are several student run theater organizations that perform and sponsor student productions throughout the year. For more information see our Student Theater Groups link under the main menu.