St. Olaf College TRIO Upward Bound students must attend weekly tutoring sessions offered at Target Schools. Students may attend during the day at a study hall or after school. St. Olaf Upward Bound staff are at the following schools from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on the indicated days:
- Creative Arts Secondary: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Central High School: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Humboldt High School: Mondays and Wednesdays
- Highland Park High School: Mondays and Wednesdays
- Open World Learning Community: Mondays and Wednesdays
St. Olaf College tutors are only in attendance on the required Upward Bound tutoring day (Tuesday at Creative Arts, Wednesday at Humboldt, Open World Learning, and Highland Park, and Thursday at Central). Advisors are there to help on non-required tutoring days.
The structure of a “required” tutoring sessions is as follows:
- Students check-in, sign in and pick up an ACT warm-up assignment
- Students complete tutor log and list the subjects/tasks they wish to complete during the session
- Students complete warm-up and any curriculum which may be due
- St. Olaf College tutors assist students with homework. Students must be on task in order to qualify for stipends.
- Students must sign out with an Advisor on the Upward Bound tutor log
- Tutors must keep track of all students with whom they work.