St. Olaf College TRIO Upward Bound students must attend weekly tutoring sessions offered at Target Schools. Students may attend during the day at a study hall or after school. St. Olaf Upward Bound staff are at the following schools at the indicated times
- Creative Arts Secondary: Tuesday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Central High School: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Humboldt High School: Monday and Wednesday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm, Thursday, 8:00 am-2:00 pm
- Highland Park High School: Tuesday and Wednesday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm, Thursday, 8:00 am-2:00 pm
- Open World Learning Community: Monday and Wednesday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm, Thursday, 8:00 am-2:00 pm
St. Olaf College tutors are only in attendance on the required Upward Bound tutoring day (Tuesday at Creative Arts and Highland Park, Wednesday at Humboldt and Open World Learning and Thursday at Central). Advisors are there to help on non-required tutoring days.
The structure of a “required” tutoring sessions is as follows:
- Students check in, sign in, and pick up a warm-up
- Students complete tutor log and list the subjects/tasks they wish to complete during the session
- Students complete warm-up and any curriculum which may be due
- St. Olaf College tutors assist students with homework. Students must be on task in order to qualify for stipends.
- Student must sign out with an Advisor on the Upward Bound tutor log.
- Tutors must keep track of all students with whom they work.