St. Olaf has long been a leader in study abroad for students and for nearly 40 years we have offered study travel opportunities for alumni, parents and friends of the college. Our faculty and college leaders will guide you on a learning adventure, helping you experience a place in depth.
You can recapture the intellectual stimulation of your college days through Study Travel. Don’t just see the sights — join Study Travel and you’ll really dive into a place, learning about its history, monuments, art, literature, cultures, food, current issues. You’ll find travel with St. Olaf to be invigorating, eye opening, and enriching.
Don’t watch the world go by; be a part of it. Where will Study Travel take you?
SPOTLIGHT ON Legendary Danube: start the new year by exploring the heart of Europe. Spend your days winding through the medieval streets of Prague, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau, Melk, Vienna, and Budapest, and relax each night on the ship. Only 6 cabins remain.
Ten Things to Do in 2015
- Ride your bike past the many windmills of Holland.
- Walk the incomparable tulip fields at Keukenhof Gardens in Amsterdam.
- See Europe from the legendary Danube on a relaxing yet refreshing river cruise.
- Discuss Socrates’ philosophy in the very spot where he shared his ideas.
- Savor some ouzo at a taverna in Athens with the ever-welcoming Greeks.
- Paddle gently next to loons in the pristine Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
- Explore Renaissance works in Florence, the hotbed of the movement, before examining papal reactions in Rome, and Luther’s response in Wittenberg.
- Taste wine at Ole Vineyards in Napa with new Ole friends.
- Hear the call to prayer in Jerusalem and stand atop the Mount of Olives (stay tuned about a fall program in Israel and Palestine!).
- Register for Study Travel before you miss out on these enriching adventures!
One of the pillars of the St. Olaf experience is the strong tradition of study abroad. St. Olaf graduates are knowledgeable citizens of the world. Study Travel for alumni, parents and friends of the college continues St. Olaf’s tradition of engagement with people and cultures around the world.
Start 2015 and celebrate the 140th year of St. Olaf’s founding by continuing your education through Study Travel. All you have to do is decide where you want to go. We’ll take care of the rest!