Alumni & Family Travel was founded in the 1970s as Study Travel. We recently changed our name to better reflect who we serve, but we didn’t do away with our educational focus. And we always have been and still are open to the public! If St. Olaf Travel looks like it appeals to you, you are invited to join us!
- Learning for the joy of it in fascinating places around the world with faculty leaders who teach, challenge and inspire.
- Usually custom designed by faculty leaders who have extraordinary depth of experience teaching and leading groups abroad.
- Often behind the “seen,” offering access to sites, local experts and experiences not available to individual travelers or commercial tour groups.
- A daily opportunity for theme-focused seminar/discussions and site visits or arts performances — plus free time.
- Informal and participatory — no tests, no grades, no pressure.
- An opportunity to meet interesting adults of all ages and varied backgrounds who want to learn while traveling.
- For adults and mature teenagers traveling with adults.
- A good value with no hidden costs. Program fees generally include everything except international airfare, personal expenses, and meals during free time.
- Always open to the public.
- interested in traveling in a mindful way
- from a variety of backgrounds
- often alums and parents, but just as often have no prior connection to St Olaf
- single travelers, in pairs or traveling with family members
- experienced or novice travelers
- anywhere from their 20s to their 70s and up
Travelers describe trips as
- Eye opening
- Life changing
- Well organized
What past Travelers have to say about our programs
Visit the traveler testimonials page here.