Lasting Legacy Exhibition Timeline 2020:
By February 21
Select your objects by:
- Search the Flaten Museum Collection HERE and create a preliminary object list with your top choices.
- Please contact Mona Weselmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) (507-786-3703) for help to search for particular kinds of artworks, subject matters or themes.
- Request to schedule an in-person viewing of selected objects by emailing Mona with accession number, artist and titles of your choices. You may also obtain access to object files and images at this time.
- Consolidate object viewings as a whole group or in smaller groups to save time and effort. Think and plan ahead.
- Enter object information and image in a document on the team drive shared with the group which will serve as an introductory checklist.
By March 9
- Select a group spokesperson.
- Submit a final exhibition object checklist to Mona Weselmann (email@example.com)
- Collectively determine an exhibition title, write the introductory label, and select an image for print and online promotion of the show.
- The group spokesperson shares this information with the museum staff and academic advisor.
By March 20
- Submit draft wall texts to academic advisor for first edit.
- Texts will be edited, but please polish them before submitting.
- Academic advisor will circulate texts back to seniors for a second draft.
- Spokesperson submits an exhibition layout proposal (noting requests for pedestals, covered vitrines, and other special installation needs) to Jane Becker Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
By April 3
- Save final drafts in the Google folder.
- Final edits may be made by the academic advisor and museum director.
- Spokesperson discusses exhibition layout proposal and resolve any questions with Jane Becker Nelson (email@example.com)
By April 16
- Wall texts are formatted, mounted and trimmed (by museum staff) and ready to install in the show.
May 3: Show Opens!
- Watch this space for upcoming details about the opening and senior reception.