Each year, the Assessment Committee submits two reports to the Board of Regents – one for the Board’s fall October meeting and one for their spring May meeting. The fall report focuses on data from institution-wide survey and assessment instruments administered during the prior academic year. The spring report typically summarizes findings from department- and program-level assessment conducted during the prior academic year. In recent years, the spring report has focused on the launch of the new Decennial Assessment Cycle.
2022-23 Board Reports
- Fall 2022 report on the Learning Goals Questionnaire (LGQ) and Social Sciences OLE Core assessment pilot
2021-22 Board Reports
- Fall 2021 report on the 2020-21 institution-wide surveys: the Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE), the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), the Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (FSSE), and the Higher Education Data Sharing (HEDS) Alumni Survey.
- Spring 2022 assessment progress report: This brief report describing 2021-22 Assessment Committee activities was prepared by the faculty Director of Assessment on behalf of the Assessment Committee, but was not an official report by the Committee.
2020-21 Board Reports
- Fall 2020 report on assessment, including: data from the Spring 2019 HEDS COVID-19 Institutional Response survey, examples of department and program assessment as reported in their annual reports and the self-studies of 2019-20 program reviews, and updates on the implementation of the new decennial assessment cycle and plans for assessment of the OLE Core GE.
- No Spring assessment report was submitted due to the transition to the new Decennial Assessment Cycle and planning for assessment of the OLE Core general education curriculum.
2019-20 Board Reports
- Fall 2019 report on the 2018-19 institutional assessments: Collegiate Learning Assessment and the Learning Goals Questionnaire
- Spring 2020 report on the 2018-19 assessment action year for academic programs, plus updates on Assessment Committee changes to the academic assessment cycle and contributions to the OLE Core General Education Intended Learning Outcomes development
2018-19 Board Reports
- Fall 2018 report on the 2017-18 institutional assessments: BCSSE, NSSE, FSSE, and the HEDS Alumni Survey
- Spring 2019 report on the 2017-18 assessment of concentrations, conversations, and other academic programs – also includes follow-up analyses on the 2018 HEDS Alumni Survey and Assessment Committee responses to the 2018 assessment program review