Tabling is available for both campus and non-campus organizations. Groups or individuals that wish to distribute or sell literature or merchandise, wish to recruit students, or seek membership or support for organizations, shall be subject to the following regulations:
- All campus-affiliated student organizations or individuals desiring to sell merchandise or services on campus must schedule that activity via 25Live and are subject to approval from the Coordinator for Buntrock Commons.
- Questions? Contact Nancy Stuckmayer
- Reservations for a table should be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Tables are reserved on a first-come basis. Tabling spaces for organizations can be reserved for a maximum of two days per week, unless special permission has been granted.
- Individuals are limited to one tabling space per week, unless special permission has been granted.
- An organization or individual can only reserve one table at a time.
- If an organization is selling merchandise through an outside vendor (i.e. sweaters, posters), a contract must be arranged at least two weeks prior to the sale. Outside vendors are limited to one visit a month. Non-campus table-rental fees are based on the type of vendor and will be determined upon contact with the Camps and Conferences staff.
- All campus and/or non-campus organizations or individuals desiring to distribute printed materials or establish a point of contact with college students, faculty or staff within the Commons should clear their activities with the Buntrock Commons Staff. This opportunity will be limited to once a week. Non-campus affiliated organizations or individuals whose purpose is selling merchandise or services or distributing literature and/or information are prohibited from on-campus activity unless sponsored by an officially recognized student organization or department or approved by the Building Coordinator for Buntrock Commons.
- St. Olaf College reserves the right to determine what items can be sold on campus and in what locations. Vendors are expected to stay behind the table provided and to not verbally solicit guests.
- Any persons desiring to sell merchandise or services on campus through credit card sales must handle all cards in a PCI compliant manner and cannot use the St. Olaf network to process such payments.
- Advertising is allowed in designated areas. All postings must be in accordance with college policy. Establishments selling alcohol may post posters which advertise entertainment events and food specials, but cannot advertise cover prices, ID requirements, drink prices, or any other references to alcohol.
- Youth-based membership groups must have an approved adult supervisor present during tabling.
- Sound amplification is allowed at a reasonable level.
- Comment boxes or bulletin boards encouraging anonymous suggestions are not permitted.
- If you are tabling for a fundraiser, please visit the fundraising page on the Office of Student Activities website.
Tables cannot be set up during Homecoming and Family Weekend, Commencement Weekend, and the week of Christmas Festival.