General Tabling Guidelines
Groups or individuals that wish to distribute or sell literature or merchandise, wish to recruit students, or seek membership or support for organizations, shall be subject to the following regulations:
- All campus-affiliated organizations or individuals desiring to use a tabling location for any activity must submit a reservation via 25Live.
- Reservations for a table should be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Tables are reserved on a first-come basis.
- One tabling space can be reserved for a maximum of two days per week per host organization or initiative unless special permission has been granted.
- Sound amplification is allowed at a reasonable level.
Guidelines for Student Organizations
- If your student organization is desiring to host a fundraiser it must be registered with the Office of Student Activities via Presence.
Guidelines for Non-Campus Organizations
- Non-campus table-rental fees are based on the type of vendor and will be determined upon contact with the Camps and Conferences staff.
- Non-campus organizations or individuals whose purpose is selling merchandise or services or distributing literature and/or information are prohibited from on-campus activity unless sponsored by an officially recognized student organization or department or approved by the Buntrock Commons staff.
- St. Olaf College reserves the right to determine what items can be sold on campus and in what locations. Vendors are expected to stay behind the table provided and not verbally solicit guests.
- Any persons desiring to sell merchandise or services on campus through credit card sales must handle all cards in a PCI-compliant manner and cannot use the St. Olaf network to process such payments.
- Youth-based membership groups must have an approved adult supervisor present during tabling.