This section contains information about St. Olaf graduates and alumni including graduation rates, class profiles, numbers of completed majors and concentrations, as well as the results of the annual survey of recent graduates.
Retention and Graduation Rates (based on cohorts of full-time first-year students who are seeking a degree for the first time)
- Graduation Rates Dashboards (interactive), most recent 6 years: These dashboards show 4-year and 6-year graduation rates for full-time students who entered St. Olaf seeking a degree for the first time. These results can be disaggregated by gender, race/ethnicity/citizenship, low income/first generation status, and federal aid category.
- Retention and Graduation Rates overall, 1991-current
Profile of the Graduating Class (numbers of graduates, top majors, average GPA etc.):
Majors & Concentrations (number of majors & concentrations awarded, demographic breakdowns, etc.):
- Majors, Concentrations, and Degrees Awarded Dashboards (interactive): These dashboards show the demographic profile (sex, race/ethnicity/citizenship) for all majors and concentrations awarded 2011-2020. They also show the number of degrees awarded (by IPEDS completion dates, July 1-Jun 30 each year) and overall profile (sex, race/ethnicity/citizenship, single v. multiple majors) of graduates from that same time period.
Summary of graduates’ first destination (during first year after graduation – graduate school, service work, or employment):
Young alumni primary activity and evaluation (alumni 5-6 years post-graduation)
- HEDS Alumni Survey 2018 Data
A Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS) questionnaire that gathers information from alumni about their educational, co-curricular, volunteer, and professional experiences during and after their undergraduate studies, and the contributions of these experiences to their knowledge and proficiencies.
- HEDS Alumni Survey: Classes of 2007-2010, primary activity and graduate degrees
- HEDS Alumni Survey: Classes of 2007-2010, employment evaluation
Doctorates earned by alumni (numbers of PhDs earned by alumni)
- For more data about degrees conferred, see the Common Data Set, section J.