What is Psi Chi?
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929
for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of theAmerican Psychological Association (APA) andthe American Psychological Society (APS)
To be eligible for Psi Chi students need to meet all the following requirements:
1. Declared Psychology major.
2. Must have completed at least 3 full credit Psychology courses. (AP credit does not count as one of the three necessary courses).
3. Have a Psychology G.P.A. of 3.3 or higher.
4. Have an overall G.P.A. that puts you in the top 35% of your class (typically a 3.5 or higher).
5. Must have completed at least 3 semesters of college.
Calculating Psi Chi G.P.A.
This differs from the calculation of Psychology G.P.A. (Differences are noted in italics)
1. AP credit does not count as one of the Psychology Courses.
2. There is no rounding up.
3. All Psychology transfer courses are figured into the Psych G.P.A..
4. Statistics courses do not count towards Psi Chi grade point average.
Psi Chi Officers 2016
Class of 2016 Psi Chi Members
Shannon Brick, Caitlin Bull, Henry Burt, Nicholas Condon, Skye Curtis, Hamsitha Dontamsetty, Emily Een, Gregory Gianopoulos, Anna Johnson, Britta Larson, Maya MacGibbon, Sophia Magro, Erin McCoy, Chloe,Mitchell, Katherine Roy, Kevin Saulnier, Emma Shrum, McAllister Stephens, Maria Swanson and Nora Uhrich.
Class of 2017 Psi Chi Members
Madeleine Folkerts, Abbigail Hull, Shalee Murphy, Emily Newman, Jill Nilsen, Elisabeth Parroquin, Juliann Perala, Maria Rodriguez, Frances Rose, Madeline Sabin, Emily Shimota, Meaghan Silvernagel, Joy Smith, Valerie Wilk and Madeleine Witwer-Dukes
Class of 2018 Psi Chi Members
Emily Brown, Layla Dang, Audrey Faulhaber, Elaine Grafelman and Jenna Moody