List of Current Member and Officers
What is Psi Chi?
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging,
stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology.
Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study
of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications. Psi Chi
is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American
Psychological Association (APA) and the American Psychological Society (APS)
To be eligible for Psi Chi students need to meet all the following requirements:
1. Declared Psychology major.
2. Must have completed at least 3 full credit Psychology courses. (AP credit does not count as one of the three necessary courses).
3. Have a Psychology G.P.A. of 3.3 or higher.
4. Have an overall G.P.A. that puts you in the top 35% of your class (typically a 3.5 or higher).
5. Must have completed at least 3 semesters of college.
Calculating Psi Chi G.P.A.
This differs from the calculation of Psychology G.P.A. (Differences are noted in italics)
1. AP credit does not count as one of the Psychology Courses.
2. There is no rounding up.
3. All Psychology transfer courses are figured into the Psych G.P.A..
4. Statistics courses do not count towards Psi Chi grade point average.
For more information go to: http://www.psichi.org/
2013-2014 Psi Chi Officers
President: Emily Haller
President Elect: Jenna Harder
Vice President: Rachel Kvanbeck
Secretary:Taylor Dovala (sem 1) and Neil Gleason (sem 2)
Research Coordinator: Zoe’ Christenson
Faculty Liaison: Minda Orina
Class of 2014 Psi Chi Members
Marit Aaseng, Rachel Abney, Cianna Bedford, Katherine Chrisinger, Zoe’ Christenson, Duncan Cleveland, Samuel Daly, Molly Geipel, Neil Gleason, Emily Haller, Alexandra Harris, Spencer Hodgson, Grace Kasahara, Lindsie Katz, Rachel Kvanbeck, Joseph Lodovic, Robin Stramp, Calvin Streit, Carly Stork, Keeley Susienka, Kierstin Wagner and Holly Williamson.
Class of 2015 Psi Chi Members
Maxwell Anderson, Elizabeth Archerd, Michaela Banz, Katelyn Berg, Louisa Carroll, Rebecca Cooper, Taylor Dovala, Elizabeth Gosse, Jenna Harder, Alyssa Hare, Sarah Langer, Kelly Martin, Amanda McKelvey, Erika Meierding, Christina Nesbit, Kathryn Reed, Katelyn Regenscheid, Greta Shull, Jordan Solei, Stuti Thapa Magar, Mallory Undestad, Leah Voigt and Sincai Vue.
Class of 2016 Psi Chi Members
Caitlin Bull, Henry Burt, Hamsitha Dontamsetty, Gregory Gianopoulos, Britta Larson, Katherine Roy and Maria Swanson.