What is Psi Chi?
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929
for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of theAmerican Psychological Association (APA) andthe American Psychological Society (APS)
To be eligible for Psi Chi students need to meet all the following requirements:
1. Declared Psychology major.
2. Must have completed at least 3 full credit Psychology courses. (AP credit does not count as one of the three necessary courses).
3. Have a Psychology G.P.A. of 3.3 or higher.
4. Have an overall G.P.A. that puts you in the top 35% of your class (typically a 3.5 or higher).
5. Must have completed at least 3 semesters of college.
Calculating Psi Chi G.P.A.
This differs from the calculation of Psychology G.P.A. (Differences are noted in italics)
1. AP credit does not count as one of the Psychology Courses.
2. There is no rounding up.
3. All Psychology transfer courses are figured into the Psych G.P.A..
4. Statistics courses do not count towards Psi Chi grade point average.
Psi Chi Officers 2020-21
President-Elect: Claire Mueller
Class of 2021 Psi Chi Members
Adrienne Bendickson, Ethan Brinkman, Lauren Carlson, Leykza Carreras Simons, Emilie Hapgood, Sara Jensen, Joy Kang, Elizabeth Kiihne, Sally Manninger, Maria Peterson, Theologia Pitsavas, Nicolas Weitermann, Elianna Wiersma, and Paige Woldt
Class of 2022 Psi Chi Members
Emma Aanestad, Elsa Anderson, Tyler Coutermash, Antonella Dahlstrom, Rachel Ellis, Zoe Garrett, Faith Goede, Zoe Golden, Daniel Gutierrez, Annika Hill, Dorienne Hoven, Katherine Lose, Clare McDonald, Claire Mueller, Mila New, Mia Pylkkanen, Sydney Robson, Nina Vo
Class of 2023 Psi Chi Members
Lauren Bitner, Anna Brown, Emily Cerimele, Maria Chace, Shiyi Chen, Mattea Citarella, Marco Ibarra Bibriezca, Lauren Johnson, Catie Rhodes, Ava Smith