What is Psi Chi?
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929
for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of theAmerican Psychological Association (APA) andthe American Psychological Society (APS)
To be eligible for Psi Chi students need to meet all the following requirements:
1. Declared Psychology major.
2. Must have completed at least 3 full credit Psychology courses. (AP credit does not count as one of the three necessary courses).
3. Have a Psychology G.P.A. of 3.3 or higher.
4. Have an overall G.P.A. that puts you in the top 35% of your class (typically a 3.5 or higher).
5. Must have completed at least 3 semesters of college.
Calculating Psi Chi G.P.A.
This differs from the calculation of Psychology G.P.A. (Differences are noted in italics)
1. AP credit does not count as one of the Psychology Courses.
2. There is no rounding up.
3. All Psychology transfer courses are figured into the Psych G.P.A..
4. Statistics courses do not count towards Psi Chi grade point average.
Psi Chi Officers 2018-19
Class of 2018 Psi Chi Members
Emily Brown, Sophia Buchda, Christian Conway, Layla Dang, Tulsa Douglas, Kristen Edblom, Audrey Faulhaber, Elaine Grafelman, Marnicia Johnson, Anna Linden, Zoua Lor, Jenna Moody, Devon O’hara, Logan Schafer, Kimberly Sesvold, Morgan Turk, and, Brianna Wenande
Class of 2019 Psi Chi Members
Alyssa Boss, Austin Charging, Megan Du Bois, Sarah Freyermuth, Isabel Galic, Mikayla Grossman, Jacob Ingalls, Carolyn Kinney, Ruby Kramer, Grace Lilly, Maria Lind, Thu Ha Nguyen, Hannah Pelegano, Marianna Quanbeck, Bailey Remmers, Meredith Stolte, Rebecca Storey, Teigen Swanson, and Liz Wilson
Class of 2020 Psi Chi Members
Megan Hussey, Emily Patterson, Twyla Pedersen, and, Georgia Wagnild