Listed below is a brief summary of information about our Center, for consideration by those graduate students who may be considering the St. Olaf Counseling Center as a possible training site.
- Our Center welcomes applicants from Master’s and Doctoral programs.
- Graduate students have an opportunity to gain valuable therapy experience working with a wide variety of client issues including depression, anxiety disorders, victimization, identity, grief and eating disorders.
- Extensive clinical supervision is offered and consists of one hour per week individual supervision and two hours per week group supervision.
- Because of the high demand by the St. Olaf students for our services, the graduate students are able to readily build their client contact hours.
- The graduate students work with an experienced professional staff consisting of three licensed psychologists, two licensed independent clinical social workers, a nutritionist, and a psychiatrist.
- We have served as a therapy practicum site for over 25 years.
- We offer flexible scheduling.
- An office and computer are provided to each practicum student.
- We provide a stipend to help cover your expenses.
- We’re not as far away as you may think! (Only 30 – 45 minutes south of the Twin Cities) It’s an easy commute – the main volume of traffic is always headed in the other direction.
- Free access to St. Olaf College amenities (fitness center, events, libraries).
Practicum applications (cover letter and resume) should be sent to the attention of:
Steve O’Neill, St. Olaf College Counseling Center, 1520 St. Olaf Avenue, Northfield, MN 55057 or email@example.com