February 27, 2020 at 12:03 p.m.
To St. Olaf College staffFrom David R. Anderson, President Of The College
I have formed a Coronavirus Response Team to plan for how to respond should there be an outbreak of the virus on campus, to stay abreast of developments with the virus, and to communicate with the campus and our other key constituencies about our plans. The membership of the group and its charge appear below.
When you encounter members of the group on campus, please thank them for agreeing to step up and take on this role. Our College works because faculty and staff are willing to pitch in when asked and to serve the community.
CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE TEAM
Mary Walczak, Chemistry, Associate Dean for Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Chair
Carl Lehmann, General Counsel
Pamela McDowell, Residence Life
Jacqueline Christensen, Human Resources
Elisabeth Haase, Environmental Health and Safety
Kari VanDerVeen, Marketing and Communications
Marie Sampson Health Services
- To develop a plan for the College to respond to an outbreak of coronavirus on campus
- To scale the plan for different levels of outbreak
- To consult with units on campus who need to be part of creating and executing this plan
- In developing this plan, to stay current on advisory notices and warnings from public health officials, government offices, and other appropriate sources
- To develop and execute a communication strategy for key constituents regarding the College’s planning for an outbreak of Coronavirus on campus
- To report regularly to the President
David R. Anderson ’74