90 Days Prior to Retirement
- Contact Human Resources to schedule a meeting to discuss the retirement process including signing up for Medicare.
Health and Dental Insurance Continuation
- At Age 65: Retirement eligible employees automatically qualify for the Emeriti Health Insurance Plan Options when you turn age 65 and enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B.Visit the Emeriti website to learn more.
Other Benefit Continuation
- Federal and state laws permit you to continue life insurance, medical reimbursement, and access the Employee Assistance Program at your own cost. This is called COBRA continuation of coverage.
- To qualify for COBRA, you must have been covered as an eligible employee on you last day of work. You have 45 days from your last day of work to elect continuation coverage and complete the form. A COBRA packet will be sent to your home address within 14 days after your employment ends.
- Retiring employees are eligible for payment for any accrued, unused PTO/vacation balance. The accrued-unused vacation balance is based on the last actual work day as determined by the supervisor in consultation with Human Resources.
- As a retiree, you can continue to use your Ole card to access the same services as an active employee.
- Address – Use Employee Self-Service to update your address. This will allow mailed items, such as W-2 forms, to reach you.
- Personal Email Address – Consider leaving your personal email address with Human Resources in the event we need to contact you.
- Human Resources schedules exit interviews with all departing staff. Please watch for an email and schedule yours in a timely matter.
Departure Check List
- Human Resources will email you a check list of tasks that may need your attention before your last day of employment.