Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment (IE&A) serves as a comprehensive source of information about St. Olaf College. Our mission is to provide data, reports, and research that support institutional planning, strengthen teaching and learning, and promote understanding of the nature and quality of education at St. Olaf.
We work with faculty, staff, administrators, and students throughout the college, and we collaborate with colleagues at other colleges and professional associations.
2019-20 Survey Data Collections from Comprehensive Groups of Individuals
Note that IE&A is not the lead office for surveys listed in italics.
- First Destination Survey – Class of 2019
- Schuler Education Foundation National Young Alumni Survey
- BORSC Student Life Survey of Campus Life – all students
- Pacific Consulting Group – focus groups, interviews, and surveys of current degree-seeking students and their parents/guardians
- EverFi Diversity & Inclusion Beliefs, Attitudes, and Experiences survey (part of online training) – all sophomores, juniors and seniors
- SOAN 371 research project (led by Dr. Ryan Sheppard) – survey of sophomores and juniors
- SGA Textbook Survey – all students
- Gallup Employee Engagement Survey – all faculty and staff
- St. Olaf Library Space Survey – all faculty, staff, and stolaf-extra
- HERI Faculty Survey – All faculty
- HEDS Sexual Assault Campus Climate Survey – All students
- Thriving Quotient Survey – TBD, likely sophomores and juniors
- First Destination and Piper Center/HIPs Survey – Class of 2020
Recent Data Reports