- Locations: Urness, Studio A, and Boe Chapel (Organists have priority in Boe). Consult the Student Recitals
and Events schedule as well as posted on the bulletin board outside CHM 101 and HOM 245.)
- Official Times: 7:00 p.m. or 8:15 p.m., typically on Tuesdays or Thursdays, and some Thursdays at 11:30 a.m.
- Application forms (see left, submitted online) are due in CHM 101 by 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline. Individual performance times should not exceed eight minutes. Instrumentalists wishing to perform works longer than eight minutes are encouraged to sign up for student recitals during the first weeks of the semester. Please clear performances longer than eight minutes with the Recital Committee Chair. The performance studies teacher must proof all spellings and timings included on recital application forms.
- Rehearsal times in the recital halls are limited to 20 minutes.
- Chamber ensembles coached by a faculty member may also perform on Student Recitals.
General Guidelines for all Official Music Department Recitals
Performance Requirements for Music Majors
Recital Attendance Requirements (Pink Cards)
Non-music majors who are taking lessons are required to attend at least four (4) official recitals or concerts per semester.
Music majors are required to attend a minimum of ten (10) official recitals or concerts per semester.
Attendance credit is given for all official student recitals, faculty and guest artist recitals, and ensemble concerts. Attendance credit is not given for any recital in which you participate except for participation in Band Day, Choral Day, and Christmas Festival. Students participating in Christmas Festival will receive one pink card for the four- day event.
Attendance credit will also be give for attending official master classes (a minimum of one hour.)
Attendance credit will not be given for any musical event off-campus or for partial attendance.
To receive credit for attendance, pick up a “pink card” from the House Manage when you enter the concert hall. Fill out the card, sign it, and return it to the House Manager at the door as you leave. Pink cards are not accepted at any other time. Except for official master classes (see above), you must arrive on time and remain for the entire performance to receive attendance credit.