We are excited for you to join the St. Olaf community and look forward to your arrival!
All new students at St. Olaf College participate in New Student Orientation 2020 — the college’s orientation program September 5– September 10 (move into Residence Hall rooms on Saturday the 5th and classes begin Thursday, September 10th). This comprehensive program will cover what you need to know to get off to a great start as an Ole. International Student Orientation begins on Tuesday, September 1.
For people coming along, there will be events and activities planned on Opening Day on September 5th that will conclude at 4:00 PM.
This site will be updated throughout the summer and new students will receive a final detailed schedule upon arrival on move-in day. To give you a better idea of the day’s activities, here is a basic timeline for the day:
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM: Residence Halls open for check-in/move in
- 10:30 AM – 1:15 PM: Information sessions for families/guests
- 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM: Picnic lunch
- 1:30 PM: Session with the Provost and Deans (all guests)
- 1:30 PM: “What it Means to be an Ole” (all students)
- 3:00 – 3:45 PM: “A St. Olaf Welcome” (students and families/guests. Families/guests depart campus after this program as students go to meet their faculty advisor).
Submit general questions about New Student Orientation or being a new student to NewOleQuestions@stolaf.edu.