Hiawathaland Transit is public transportation, providing daytime transportation services to locations within the city limits of Northfield. Hiawathaland Transit has established routes that service the majority of the city limits. Riders may get on the route at their own discretion. Please see map for route stop locations and times. Normal route service is free with a St. Olaf ID.
A Dial-A-Ride bus is also available in Northfield for stops outside of the normal Red and Blue route. St. Olaf students can pick up Dial-A-Ride tokens from the Office of Student Activities for $1.75. To schedule a ride, call the dispatch center at (866) 623-7505 between the hours of 5:00 AM and 7:00 PM Monday through Friday or between 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM on Saturday. Hiawathaland Transit recommends riders schedule a ride 24 hours in advance.
The St. Olaf stop is the circle drive of Buntrock Commons and the Bus stop on St. Olaf Avenue.
The Carleton stop is at Sayles-Hill Campus Center
The Red and Blues routes run Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Dial-a-Ride runs Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM; Saturday, 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Additional Dial-a-ride Information
- Each bus is handicap accessible. Assistants accompanying a person with disabilities ride FREE.
- Drivers do not assist individuals into homes, apartment buildings or businesses.
- Tokens or punch passes are encouraged. Drivers DO NOT make change.
- Passengers are required to pay their fare BEFORE their ride and will be charged for any no-call no-shows.
- Buses DO NOT enter trailer/mobile parks, apartment complexes, or other multi-use/multi-family dwellings.
- No food, beverages, or smoking on the bus.
- Due to space and safety concerns there is a 2 bag limit on all buses.
Hiawathaland Transit is administered by Three Rivers Community Action, Inc.
TTY—MN Relay Service: (800) 627-3529