There are a number of alternative transportation options that students utilize on a semi-regular basis. While St. Olaf does not directly work with the companies listed below, the staff in the Office of Student Activities can talk through transportation options with students to find the option that works best for their needs.
- Phone number: 507-645-4447
- $7 ride anywhere in town, each additional person $1.
- Do not accept credit cards. Plan accordingly.
- Also available for out of town locations, Airport Service, and other destinations. Advance reservations requested for these trips.
- Shuttlefare is an online resource that can identify alternative means to getting to MSP airport. Visit their website to get a quote on a shuttle.
- Phone number: 612-590-8000
- Airport service only.
- Phone number: 800-872-7245
- Leave from the Twin Cities only.
- You may take the Metro Express to the MSP airport, International Airport Bus Stop (Terminal 1). There is an MSL bus that departs to the Amtrak station in the Twin Cities. Select MSL when booking your Amtrak trip.
- For inexpensive bus transportation from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and St. Louis.
- Likely an economical way to get to the single Bus Stop (North 3rd Ave by 4th St Parking) is a shared cab. Even more economical, if schedule permits, try to take a Metro Express Shuttle to the airport and hop a cab from there (same for a return trip).
The Office of Student Activities provides this information as a service to the community. Disputes must be handled individually.