Although the following qualities are preferred, there will be exceptions based on interest, dedication, cultural experience, and the number of applicants.
- High priority for residence is given to Asian Studies, Chinese, and Japanese majors, current Chinese or Japanese language students, and students with native/advanced level Chinese or Japanese fluency.
- Demonstrates dedication, commitment, and enthusiasm in supporting and spreading knowledge of Asian cultures at St. Olaf
- Committed to often speaking Chinese or Japanese in the Language House
- In good academic standing
- Have studied, are studying, or will be studying Chinese or Japanese language during the academic year
- Willing to help with Chinese or Japanese Conversation Tables
- Willing to host at least two events each semester with other housemates
- Preference given to juniors and seniors; however, sophomores are also encouraged to apply