Current Housing Status
- President David Anderson announced on March 25 that St. Olaf will not return to on-campus learning this spring. Classes will resume online April 6.
- It is unlikely that St. Olaf will be hosting commencement at the end of May.
Students who have not received special permission from Associate Dean of Students for Residence Life Pamela McDowell to stay on campus should have already left St. Olaf and may not return to visit.
- Students and their families should plan to come to campus either the weekend of April 24-26 or May 1-3 to remove their belongings from campus. Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has issued a shelter in place order that will remain in effect through April 10, which means students and families cannot travel to campus now to retrieve belongings.
- The college is working on a plan for reimbursement to cover room and board through the rest of the school year, and will be in touch soon with those details.
Students Staying On Campus Must
- Stay on campus property.
- Not have guests visit or stay on campus.
- Practice social distancing by putting at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Follow the guidelines of the Code of Conduct.
Campus Services and Building Hours
- Stav hours:
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Dinner: 5–6:30 p.m.
- All buildings on campus will be locked and on card access.
- Students may access all residence halls 24/7
- Tomson Hall is accessible Monday-Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Buntrock Commons is accessible 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Boe House Hours:
- March 23- March 27: Let’s Talk phone consultations with a Counseling Center therapist will be available to all students at any time during the center’s business hours.
- Starting Monday, March 30: Scheduled phone appointments are available for current clients to meet with their Boe House providers.
- Visit the counseling center website for more information.
- Skoglund Athletic Center, Rolvaag Memorial Library, and the St. Olaf Bookstore are closed.
Other Support Services
- United Healthcare has created a FREE Emotional Support Helpline for all students. Call: 866-342-6892 (toll-free, 24-hours a day, seven days a week)
- The Office of Student Activities has developed virtual programming to help students stay connected.
- The Wellness Center has information and ideas on how to stay physically and emotionally well.