This section contains demographic and retention data about enrolled students, information about intercollegiate athletics, and profiles of the incoming classes.
Incoming full-time, first-time cohort and
Full-time, degree-seeking student data
- Enrollment Dashboards (interactive), most recent 10 years: These dashboards show demographics (sex, race/ethnicity/citizenship, low-income/first-generation status, federal aid status, religious affiliations) for new incoming student cohorts and for all full-time degree-seeking students.
- Incoming Cohort Profiles, most recent 5 years
Enrollment data, various
- Demographic Profile, most recent 5 years (full-time students: gender, domestic race/ethnicity, international, federal student aid)
- Geographic Profile, most recent 5 years (degree-seeking students)
- Domestic Race/Ethnicity and International Student Profile, most recent 5 years (all students)
- Student-Faculty Ratios, most recent 5 years
- Total Matriculated Students, since 1886-87
Retention and Graduation Rate data
Access to High Impact Practices
- To find more information on High-Impact-Practices, visit HIPs Data
- Find more on Student Access and Equity ACE courses here.
Diversity in academic majors
- For diversity in Academic majors, see the Academic Majors Data.
- Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE)
A questionnaire examining entering college students’ high school academic and co-curricular experiences, as well as their expectations for participating in educationally purposeful activities during the first college year. Administered to incoming first-year students during late summer through the beginning of classes.
- Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA+)
A performance-based demonstration of students’ abilities in critical thinking, effective writing, data interpretation, and problem-solving. Administered to incoming first-year students during Week One and to graduating seniors in the spring semester.
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
A questionnaire that examines how students spend their time in college, the nature and scope of the work they do, and their perceptions of their institution’s contribution to their learning and personal development. Administered to first-year students and seniors in the spring semester.
- Returning Students Survey
A survey designed by the Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium to remind students about what they hope to achieve in college and strategies for achieving those goals during the COVID-19 pandemic, with options to share responses with staff and faculty to facilitate discussion. Administered in the summer of 2020 to sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- St. Olaf Learning Goals Questionnaire (LGQ)
A questionnaire that examines students’ past and future learning experiences in relation to St. Olaf’s college-wide learning goals (STOGoals). Administered to incoming first-year students during late summer through the beginning of classes, and to the same group of first-years and to graduating seniors in the spring semester.
- For more data about enrolled students, see the Common Data Set.