This section contains demographic and retention data about enrolled students, information about intercollegiate athletics, and profiles of the incoming classes.
Demographic and Retention data
- Demographic Profile, most recent 5 years (full-time students: gender, domestic race/ethnicity, international, federal student aid)
- Gender Profile, most recent 5 years (degree-seeking students)
- Geographic Profile, most recent 5 years (degree-seeking students)
- Domestic Race/Ethnicity and International Student Profile, most recent 5 years (all students)
- Retention and Graduation Rates, 1991-current
- Retention Data, various categories
- Student-Faculty Ratios, most recent 5 years
- Total Matriculated Students, since 1886-87
Incoming full-time, first-time cohorts
- Enrollment Profiles, entering class, most recent 5 years
- Enrollment Demographics, entering cohorts 2002-2019
- Religious Affiliation Data, entering cohorts 2002-2019
Access to High Impact Practices
- To find more information on High-Impact-Practices, visit HIPs Data
- Find more on Student Access and Equity ACE courses here.
Diversity in academic majors
- For diversity in Academic majors, see the Academic Majors Data.
- Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE)
A questionnaire examining entering college students’ high school academic and co-curricular experiences, as well as their expectations for participating in educationally purposeful activities during the first college year. Administered to incoming first-year students during late summer through the beginning of classes.
- Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA+)
A performance-based demonstration of students’ abilities in critical thinking, effective writing, data interpretation, and problem-solving. Administered to incoming first-year students during Week One and to graduating seniors in the spring semester.
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
A questionnaire that examines how students spend their time in college, the nature and scope of the work they do, and their perceptions of their institution’s contribution to their learning and personal development. Administered to first-year students and seniors in the spring semester.
- St. Olaf Learning Goals Questionnaire (LGQ)
A questionnaire that examines students’ past and future learning experiences in relation to St. Olaf’s college-wide learning goals (STOGoals). Administered to incoming first-year students during late summer through the beginning of classes, and to the same group of first-years and to graduating seniors in the spring semester.
- For more data about enrolled students, see the Common Data Set.