About the LGQ
Administered to incoming first-year students prior to the start of classes, and to the same group of first-years and to graduating seniors in the spring semester, the St. Olaf Learning Goals Questionnaire (LGQ) was developed by a team of faculty and staff to help students reflect on their learning experiences and accomplishments in relation to the learning outcomes (STOGoals) the college has established for all its students. Results are used to help students understand how their learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom fit together, to examine the extent to which students are prepared for the first few years after college, and to enhance academic advising practices and outcomes.
LGQ Administration Summary
The St. Olaf Learning Goals Questionnaire (LGQ) was administered to all incoming students in the fall of 2021, and 63% responded to the survey. In the spring of 2022, first-years and seniors received the survey; 38% of first-years and 31% of seniors responded.
LGQ Results by Year
- Senior LGQ Results – Spring 2022
- First-Year LGQ Results – Spring 2022
- Incoming First-Years LGQ Results – Fall 2021
- First-Year and Senior Open-Ended Responses – Spring 2022
- Senior LGQ Results – Spring 2019
- First-Year LGQ Results – Spring 2019
- Incoming First-Years LGQ Results – Fall 2018