- Until practice room assignments are posted, practice rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Sign up for practice rooms takes place via Google Sheet during the second full week of each term for four days. After that, rooms are available if they are unreserved or if they are reserved but empty after ten minutes past the reserved start time.
- Percussion, organ, and harp students will receive special instructions from their instructors regarding setting up practice times.
Sign up Dates for Fall 2023 have passed – Spring Dates:
- B.M. and B.A. piano majors and ALL string bass players received an email on Monday, February 19, 2024, at 8 a.m.
- B.M. voice and instrumental majors and ALL piano students received an email on Monday, February 19, at 1 p.m.
- B.A. music majors received an email on Tuesday, February 18, at 8 a.m.
- Are you a non-music major, taking lessons, or playing in an ensemble? You received an email at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, February 18.
- If you are a St. Olaf student looking for a practice room, you can sign up for a practice room via a QR code posted below on Wednesday, February 19.
- The signup process will end for all students on Thursday, February 20, at 2:00 p.m. You will not have access to the sign-up sheet after this time, so be sure to note the times you signed up. Schedules will be posted by each practice room door no later than Monday, February 24, at 9 a.m. Until the schedules are posted, all practice rooms are first-come, first-served.
Practice Room Etiquette
- After practice room schedules are posted, a practice room may be used by any musician, if the room is vacant and not reserved.
- If you do not arrive within 10 minutes of your reserved start time, the room is considered available.
- If you leave a practice room for longer than 10 minutes, even if you leave items in the room, the practice room is considered available.
- PLEASE clean up rooms before you leave; if you have moved equipment around, please return it to where it belongs. If you are using a small ensemble room or a classroom, be sure to arrange chairs and stands as you found them before concluding your practice or rehearsal.
- There are lost and found bins outside CHM 101 and HOM 245 for items left in practice rooms. Please bring keys, IDs, and other valuable items to Barb in CHM 101 or Lisa in HOM 245.
Questions? Please contact Lisa McDermott.