- At present, bias incident and non-confidential elements of harassment reports are shared with the vice-president (or comparable head) of the area in which the reported incident took place.
- Annual reports required of faculty members and curricular departments and programs now include a prompt to discuss contributions in support of diversity as part of a number of institutional priorities. This year, a separate prompt will elicit input from individuals, departments, and programs to discuss their contributions to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The college administers a number of national and in-house surveys and questionnaires that include information pertinent to this goal.
- To Include is To Excel provides a “primer” providing extensive information related to diversity, equity and inclusion at St. Olaf.
- The Council on Equity and Inclusion solicits input from the college community through a variety of instruments, including weekly “office hours” and an on-line form.
DEI Goal 5
Intent and Purpose
We are all responsible of holding each other accountable that the work of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is integrated into our work environment, curriculum, learning, spaces, operations, and interactions with each other.
ON ANTI-RACISM TRAINING
“We understand that this is an important first step of an ongoing process. It is our hope that this leads us into the next part of our campuswide engagement around creating an inclusive Ole culture.”