About the LGQ
Administered to incoming first-year students during Week One, and to the same group of first-years and to graduating seniors in the spring semester, the St. Olaf Learning Goals Questionnaire (LGQ) was developed by a team of faculty and staff to help students reflect on their learning experiences and accomplishments in relation to the learning outcomes (STOGoals) the college has established for all its students. Results are used to help students understand how their learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom fit together, to examine the extent to which students are prepared for the first few years after college, and to enhance academic advising practices and outcomes.
LGQ Administration Summary
The St. Olaf Learning Goals Questionnaire (LGQ) was administered to a random sample of incoming first-year students in the fall of 2015. During the spring 2016 semester, the same first-year students were invited to complete the spring semester instrument. Members of the senior class who had not been sampled to complete the Collegiate Learning Assessment were invited to complete the spring semester senior LGQ. The LGQ was previously administered in the fall of 2013 to incoming first-year students and to first-year students and seniors in the spring of 2014.
LGQ Results by Year
- First-Year LGQ Results – Spring 2016
- Senior LGQ Results – Spring 2016
- Incoming First-Year LGQ Results – Fall 2015
- Senior LGQ results – Spring 2014
- First-year LGQ results – Spring 2014
Student engagement with college-wide learning goals
- First-year snapshot – How students engage the STOGoals over the course of the first year
- Senior snapshot – How students engage the STOGoals over the course of college
- First-year perceptions of learning experiences that foster STOGoals development
- Senior perceptions of learning experiences that foster STOGoals development