What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source content management system that can be used to create websites, blogs, or a combination of the two. Many institutions host their own WordPress sites, but there are also independent online hosting services available at WordPress.com and WPengine.com.
How is WordPress used at St. Olaf?
At St. Olaf we have two installations of WordPress, the first for official college sites and the second for course sites, research projects, event pages, and personal sites for students, faculty, and staff.
Official College Sites:
- Web Address: https://wp.stolaf.edu/
- Login Page: https://wp.stolaf.edu/wp-admin (Log in with your St. Olaf username and password)
- Examples: St. Olaf Homepage / Academic Department / Administrative Department
Course Sites and Individual Sites:
- Web Address: http://pages.stolaf.edu/
- Login Page: http://pages.stolaf.edu/wp-admin (Log in with your St. Olaf username and password)
- CIS Portfolios (Student Portfolios)
- Asia Forecast 2014 (Asian Con Research Projects)
- Expanded Media (Art Course Blog)
- Creative Learning Communities (Learning Community Site)
- English 150 (Writer Portfolios)
- Summer Institute 2013 (IT Workshop Website)
- Theater in London (Theater Course Blog)
- St. Olaf Learning Communities (Learning Community Website)
- Cliff Notes: Baodingshan (Faculty Research Site)
- Theater 271, Spring 2014 (Course Site)
- Faculty Site
How can I get help with WordPress?
- Request Access: If you need to edit an official college website, contact Dan Beach (beach).
- Request a Site: If you are a current St. Olaf student, faculty member, or staff member, you may request a WordPress site by filling out the WordPress Request Form.
- Support Options:
Individual consultations with Matthew Clark, Graphics Designer in Marketing and Communications Department.
If you have any other questions, contact the Helpdesk at x3830 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How can I learn to use WordPress for Official College Pages?
- How-To Guide: WordPress for Official College Pages