|In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Delta of Minnesota in 1999-2000, Joseph M. Shaw (pictured at right), Professor Emeritus of Religion and College Historian, prepared an illustrated, 25-page history of the local chapter entitled Agreeably to Our Invitation: The Story of Phi Beta Kappa at St. Olaf College.|
Printing of the booklet was made possible through a generous donation from Owen P. Hawley, Phi Beta Kappa graduate of St. Olaf College in the Class of 1952. To view or download a digital scan of the booklet, click on the link below:
The Phi Beta Kappa Room
At the time of the dedication of the Harold H. Ditmanson Addition in 1992, Room 420 in the English Department wing of Rølvaag Library was renamed “The Phi Beta Kappa Room,” and a handsome plaque was installed on the wall next to the door of the room.
Two years earlier Myron J. Fogde, a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of St. Olaf in the Class of 1955 and a faculty member at Augustana College (Rock Island, IL), had suggested the idea to chapter members Joan and Duane Olson; thanks to their efforts and the approval of St. Olaf President Melvin George, the Delta of Minnesota gained a meeting room that it could call its own.