Campus partners include:
Campus partners should not start their own independent social media accounts without first obtaining permission from St. Olaf’s Department of Marketing and Communications.
Additionally, accounts representing St. Olaf College must be updated frequently, be visually interesting, and accurately represent the college’s overall mission. Note that, in most cases, campus partners should play into the main St. Olaf social channels rather than start their own independent accounts. This can be done by working directly with the Assistant Director of Digital Communications (contact info below).
Campus partners who maintain independent social accounts are expected to:
- Hire for social media competencies and add this responsibility into at least one job description
- Maintain a record of login information that can easily be transferred between staff members
- Maintain the minimum number of accounts necessary to meet the objectives of your unit
- Post at least once a week during the “busy season” (i.e. school year) and once a month during the “slow season” (i.e. summer)
Ideally, campus partners will also:
- Maintain a point of contact for social in that department and meet regularly 1:1 with the Assistant Director of Digital Communications to identify content opportunities for the college’s main social channels
You must be logged in to post a comment.