The following questions can help you process your academic internship:
- What were your expectations before you started the internship?
- What knowledge of your field was most important? In what ways were you able to apply what you have learned in your academic coursework to your internship? How might you apply what you learned during your internship to your academic coursework?
- What transferable skills did you develop through your experience?
- Have you identified any skills or areas that you would like to further develop?
- What pushed you outside of your comfort zone? Or, what was the biggest challenge you encountered?
- What new ideas or questions were raised as a result of this experience?
- What was the most important thing you learned about yourself?
- What was your greatest accomplishment or reward?
- In light of this internship experience, how have your personal goals evolved?
Click here to download the internship reflection handout