Seek out opportunities to explore your interests, gain valuable professional experience, and develop new skills through Student Employment.
What types of roles are there for students?
Check out the Student Employment Guide to learn about roles students currently or have previously held at St. Olaf. There are a wide variety of opportunities!
Here are a few examples:
- Communications positions with Broadcast Media, Marketing and Communications (MarComm), the Piper Center, St. Olaf Libraries, and community work study partners including Greenvale Park Community School
- DiSCO: Digital Scholarship Center
- Speaking tutors, writing tutor with the Center for Advising and Academic Support, and teaching assistant positions (various departments)
- Event management roles with Alumni & Parent Relations, Athletics, Theater, the Taylor Center for Equity and Inclusion, Camps, Conferences and Events, and various other departments
- Admissions Tour Guide program
- Leadership roles including Junior Counselor/Resident Assistant positions in Residence Life, Peer Educator in the Wellness Center, and Peer Advisor in the Piper Center
Student Employment Resources
Student Employment Job Board – this is the best resource for identifying current openings on campus. Occasionally, departments will also share opportunities on Handshake.
Student Employment Guide – this guide includes many of the positions that students currently or have previously held at St. Olaf. If you see a position you are interested in, but do not see it posted as a current opportunity on the Job Board you may wish to reach out via email or by stopping in to the office to learn more about the role and hiring process.
You must be logged in to post a comment.