Planning a dance? Check out this checklist: Dance Checklist
Planning a variety show or celebration? Check out this packet for all information from set-up, to serving food, to technology: Planning Variety Shows and Celebrations
Is this a large event and/or do you need services from several entities on campus? Fill out an Event Work Order.
General Event Planning
Here is a quick overview of how to plan an event on campus:
- Check the Master Calendar to see if there are any other major campus events going on at the same time.
- Secure a room/venue before any contracts/agreements are finalized. Room reservations.
- Submit information to Presence (which will show on the campus Master Calendar).
- Reserve technology.
- Arrange for food/hospitality, if needed. Check out information on having food at events.
- Publicize event.
- Confirm details at least one week prior.
- Run event.
- Clean up/evaluate.
- Celebrate success! 🙂
As always, contact the Office of Student Activities for assistance in event planning. Contracts, risk management, and preventing programming pitfalls are our specialty!