Student organizations are critical players within our active and engaged campus community.
The Office of Student Activities is committed to investing in our student organizations because we recognize the impact that they have on the St. Olaf experience, on our physical campus, and on the greater community beyond the Hill. Our office mission is rooted in empowering students to discover and define their passions, themselves, and their communities. Student organizations, from our perspective, are vehicles for students to do just that. Whether you are a student organization leader looking for resources, hoping to start a new student organization, or simply looking to get involved. Our office is here to help.
Let’s start the process:
- Get a group of interested and passionate people together. Organizations require seven members.
- Identify a staff/faculty advisor – anyone who shares your passion or interest in your organization.
- Draft an organization constitution. Examples can be found on Oleville.com.
- Complete an online organization recognition form.
- Connect with the Student Organizations Committee of SGA. They will reach out and share next steps. You will likely meet with SOC virtually or in-person.
- If approved, start your organization!