Public Safety's Mission Statement
“To support and advance the educational objectives of St. Olaf College by fostering and maintaining a safe, secure and stable environment for living, learning, and working.”
The success of this mission depends on an interactive partnership between Public Safety and the students, faculty, administration, staff and visitors that comprise our diverse community which is built on mutual respect and responsibility.
The foundation of this partnership is the realization that all students, faculty, administration and staff must also accept their individual and collective responsibilities to make St. Olaf College an institution that fosters and promotes a civil and orderly environment.
- Maintain administrative and supervisory structure for efficient coordination, management, and cooperation.
- Serve as a responsive and innovative service provider, sensitive to the needs of the college community.
- Deploy personnel throughout the campus to provide public safety functions utilizing a Community Oriented Patrol philosophy.
- Strive to ensure the protection and safety of students, faculty, administration, staff, and visitors while on campus.
- Promote the protection of personal and college property located within the jurisdictional boundaries of the College.
- Provide departmental personnel with the knowledge and equipment necessary to perform their functions safely and efficiently.