If you discover a fire:
- Activate the fire alarm system and call 9-911 from any campus phone to report the fire.
- Evacuate the building closing doors and windows behind you.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS!
- Provide evacuation assistance to those with special needs if possible.
- Report to your buildings/departments gathering point to be accounted for.
- DO NOT re-enter the building until the fire department authorizes re-entry.
If trapped in a building:
- Close all doors and windows.
- Place cloth material under the door to prevent smoke from entering.
- Call for help using a phone or cell phone.
- Attempt to signal people outside of the building.
If caught in smoke:
- Do not breathe in the smoke.
- Breathe through your nose and use a shirt or towel to breathe through if possible.
- Drop to your knees and crawl to the nearest safe exit.
Using a fire extinguisher:
- Report the fire first by calling x3666.
- Use a fire extinguisher ONLY if you have been trained to do so.
- If you have a any doubt of your ability to fight the fire, exit immediately.
- If you decide to use a fire extinguisher, place yourself between the fire and an exit.