Here are some suggestions that will reduce your personal safety risk wherever you are:
1. Always walk with someone else whenever possible.
2. If you must walk alone, avoid short cuts through parks, vacant lots, or other deserted places.
3. Avoid looking vulnerable. Walk at a steady pace with a self-assured stride.
4. Be aware of your surroundings & don’t daydream.
5. Avoid areas where you will have to walk near shrubbery and other places of concealment.
6. Have your key or key card in hand as you approach your residence or car.
7. Consider carrying a whistle on your key chain and use it to summon assistance.