Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) are either caused by bacteria or a virus. Testing for STIs is simple and generally involves an exam of the area and collecting a urine or blood sample. It usually takes a couple days to get the results back. Typically, healthcare providers do not test for STIs, unless requested by the patient.
Most Common Sexually Transmitted infections:
- Chlamydia (bacterial) Test available in Health Services for a fee
- Gonorrhea (bacterial) Test available in Health Services for a fee
- Syphilis (bacterial)
- Trichomoniasis (bacterial)
- Human Immuno-deficiency Syndrome (HIV) (Viral)/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) (Viral) Rapid HIV Testing available in Health Services for a fee
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV)(Viral) Both versions below can occur in genitals and/or oral area
- HSV-1- generally causes oral herpes, including cold sores and fever blisters
- HSV-2- generally causes genital herpes.
- Hepatitis B (Viral)