Students seeking support for pregnancy are welcome to come talk to a Peer Educator in the Wellness Center office or visit one of our other services on campus: the Dean of Students Office, Health Services, the Counseling Center, or Pastor’s Office. Each of these offices can provide support and guidance as needed.
Pregnancy tests available by appointment in Health Services for $5
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) are either caused by bacteria or a virus. Testing for STIs is simple and generally involves an exam of the area and collecting a urine or blood sample. It usually takes a couple days to get the results back. Typically, healthcare providers do not test for STIs, unless requested by the patient.
Most Common Sexually Transmitted infections:
- Chlamydia (bacterial) Test available in Health Services for a fee
- Gonorrhea (bacterial) Test available in Health Services for a fee
- Syphilis (bacterial)
- Trichomoniasis (bacterial)
- Human Immuno-deficiency Syndrome (HIV) (Viral)/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) (Viral) Rapid HIV Testing available in Health Services for a fee
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV)(Viral) Both versions below can occur in genitals and/or oral area
- HSV-1- generally causes oral herpes, including cold sores and fever blisters
- HSV-2- generally causes genital herpes.
- Hepatitis B (Viral)