Students enrolled in the following courses: ED 170, ED 246, ED 260, ED 290, ED 330, ED 374, ED 378, ED 379, and several methods courses are required to complete a field experience. These experiences are integral components to the St. Olaf College Teacher Education Program and provide an opportunity to apply educational theory to real-world settings. Students are required to complete a minimum of 120 hours of field experience, 80 hours of which must be in a diverse setting.
- Field Experience Handbook. This handbook outlines the field experience expectations for students and host teachers.
- Field Experience Ladder. This illustrates the types of activities that are appropriate for St. Olaf College students to be doing in classrooms.
- Field Experiences Calendar for Fall 2013
- Field Experiences Goal Sheet. This form is used by students to keep track of their field experience hours, however they will be asked to enter hours in Tk20 at the end of the field experience instead of turning this form in.
- Field Experience Host Teacher Evaluation. This form must now be completed in Tk20 (if you are a host teacher this semester, you will receive an email about how to access Tk20 to complete the evaluation).
For Student Teacher Cooperating Teachers
St. Olaf College is grateful to all who contribute to our student teaching program. We would particularly like to thank the public and private school classroom teachers who accept our student teachers each year. You are indeed the backbone of our program.
Cooperating teachers should refer to the Student Teaching Handbook for information on the St. Olaf Teacher Education Program. This site is password protected; you should have received a letter and/or email with the username and password.
If you have questions about the field experience and student teaching components of the St. Olaf Teacher Education Program, please contact Rosie Pfarr-Baker, Director of Field Experiences or Sue Couture, Education Coordinator of Licensure and Field Experiences.