Committed to the liberal arts and incorporating a global perspective, St. Olaf’s pre-health program centers on exceptional academia and stimulating experiences. Based on the college’s conviction that life is more than a livelihood, students interested in a career in healthcare are encouraged to lead lives of worth and service to others. St. Olaf’s pre-health program, along with the Piper Center, academic advisers, and the Health Professions Committee provide resources that are aimed to help students:
- Explore a wide variety of health careers, carefully considering careers that align with their skills and interests
- Determine and initiate a thoughtful undergraduate plan
- Successfully complete health professional school entrance exams, applications and interviews
- Gain exposure to experience in healthcare
- Foster development of the whole person in mind, body and spirit
Classes of ’15 and ’16 only: The Biomedical Studies Concentration includes opportunities to explore the healthcare arena through academic courses and experiential learning activities. Because of restructuring of the Piper Center and strong, more available faculty advising, the Biomedical Studies Concentration is no longer an academic program beginning with students in the Class of 2017.
Pre-Health Students in Action:
Pre-Health Peer Advisors
Visit us during Piper Center office hours for help with courses, professional school information, entrance exams, and the application and interview processes.
T: 9-11 AM; 1:30-3:30 PM
M: 10:30-1:30 PM; 4-5 PM
T: 8-9 AM