Wieber Physical Therapy provides an experiential learning opportunity for one (1) St. Olaf student intern designed to help the intern learn about health career options in rehabilitation as well as the skills that different occupations require.
- Observe the daily routines of rehabilitation professionals
- Gain further understanding of the field of rehabilitation
- Gain knowledge in the areas of prerequisites, paperwork, business ethics, and strategies and scope of practice involved in the healthcare profession
- Learn HIPAA guidelines and show discretion as directed
The student will spend time with Wieber physical therapists, and we will try to give the intern a diverse group of patients to observe. The intern may spend time with our Occupational Therapist and, if desired, spend time in the high school to see what an Athletic Trainer can do during off-field hours.
Areas of exposure may include:
- Work Steps work pre employment screens
- Performance evaluations
- Pool therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Athletic training
- Hand care
- Vestibular Rehab
- LSVT Big Parkinson’s program
- Possibly women’s health if appropriate
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this program was put on hold for 2021. Once a decision has been made about 2022, we will update this page with new information and notify students about the application process as soon as possible.