The Northfield Hospital Rehabilitation Services provides an experiential learning opportunity for one (1) St. Olaf student intern designed to help the intern learn about health career options in rehabilitation as well as the skills that different occupations require.
- Observe the daily routines of rehabilitation professionals
- Gain further understanding of the field of rehabilitation
- Gain knowledge in the areas of prerequisites, paperwork, business ethics, and strategies and scope of practice involved in the healthcare profession
- Learn HIPAA guidelines and show discretion as directed
The student intern will spend time with physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and athletic trainers in both general and specialty practices. Experiences will be planned according to Northfield Hospital & Clinic’s policy, which protects patients’ rights to privacy under HIPAA.
Areas of exposure may include:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Athletic Training Services
- Hand Therapy
- Vestibular Rehab
- Home Health Care
- Long Term Care
- Acute Hospital Rehab
- Orthopedic Surgery Observation
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this program was put on hold for January 2021. Once a decision has been made about January 2022, we will update this page with new information and notify students about the application process as soon as possible.