The spring HPC and summer application period is busy and stressful under normal circumstances, and we can all agree that circumstances are anything but normal at this time. Please know that Professor Crisp, Katie Hughes, Stacey Argabright, and the coaches at the Piper Center are here for you, and we will continue to support you throughout this entire application period.
The Health Professions Committee will continue to function, and we are committed to completing all requirements to assist you in your applications to graduate health programs in the same way we have always done.
Some things to keep in mind about the HPC Application and Interview:
- The HPC Application was due Monday, April 6. If you were unable to meet that deadline, please contact Katie Hughes and/or Professor Crisp ASAP so that we can work with you to come up with the best solution.
- You will receive the link to schedule your HPC interview in the confirmation once your application is submitted. HPC interviews will be scheduled throughout the month of April, and we will do all HPC interviews online.
- Katie Hughes will continue to offer regular appointments online with students and alumni. Please continue to book appointments as usual through Handshake (current students) or through email (alumni). Once your appointment is scheduled, Katie will send you a Google Calendar invite by email with the link to the Google Meet appointment.
- If you haven’t yet done so, have your personal statement reviewed by Katie Hughes and/or another Piper Center coach. If Katie is not available, you should try to schedule a time with Paul Edwards or Leslie Moore. If they are not available, any coach in the Piper Center will be able to work with you.
- If you haven’t yet done so, schedule an HPC Practice Interview with Katie Hughes on Handshake. This is a great opportunity to practice interviewing online and to make sure that you are ready for the real thing! If Katie is not available, you should try to schedule a time with Paul Edwards or Leslie Moore. If they are not available, any coach in the Piper Center will be able to work with you.
- Continue to work with your faculty to request their evaluations for the HPC. Please know that we will work with any faculty who have difficulty completing their evaluations due to the disruption on campus.
- Professor Crisp will continue to be available to you through email and Google Chat. He will continue to be available during his regular pre-health drop-in hours, which are Wednesdays and Fridays from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. If you would like to meet with him, please initiate a conversation with him via Google Chat. Once he sees your message, he can set up a Google Meet to talk further.