Label Submission Checklist
- Include name, title, and medium exactly how you would like it printed on the wall label.
- Use all lower case in medium(s) field (i.e. “oil on canvas” or “intaglio”)
- Submit one label per object. If you have a series or grouping but want only one label for the set, submit one label and title it accordingly – e.g. “Composition Series #1 – #10”.
- Ask your advisor for help or advice BEFORE deciding on pricing. Things to consider when pricing your artwork.
- If your work is not for sale, type “NFS” in the sale price field.
- Include a total price for a series of objects and enter this price once in the insurance column.
- If you have a series and want one label and prices differ for each object, submit one label but send Mona an email explaining your pricing. You can create a customized pricing statement, which will be included in the works list binder. (See suggestions below.)
- If prices vary for groupings of objects, you may want to organize them into categories and have one price for the set. For example, “small prints $50 or large prints $75”.
- If you have framed and unframed versions of prints, for example, designate a pricing structure for both framed and unframed work.
- Provide an insurance value for individual objects or one price for the TOTAL piece/installation. This may or may not differ from the sales price.
- Include an insurance value even if the work is not for sale. This amount should be reasonable since insurance carriers require past sales records for claims.
Label/Price List Options
A label list works well for a condensed series or a group of works. Create a numbered list matching to the installation in a Word doc, JPG or PDF and email to Mona.
Making a map of the wall installation is a good option if you have multiple pieces in a grid or salon style display. Number your works and create a corresponding diagram for titles and prices. Create the map in a Word doc, JPG or PDF and email to Mona.
Mona has examples of previous labeling/price list solutions. Please contact her for more information or with any questions if you have special requests regarding your labels or pricing list.