Label Submission Checklist
Tombstone labels with object details will be installed next to your work on the gallery walls.
- Enter your name, title, and medium exactly how you would like it printed on the wall label.
- Use all lower case in medium(s) field (i.e. “oil on canvas” or “intaglio”)
- Submit one label per object.
- If you have a series or grouping but want only one label for the set, submit one label and title it accordingly – e.g. “Composition Series #1 – #10”.
A price list will be in the gallery that provides visitors with an itemized list of your work and sales prices. Prices are not included on tombstone labels.
- If your work is not for sale, type “NFS” in the sale price field.
- If you have a series and want one label but prices differ for each object, submit one label and send Mona an email explaining your customized pricing statement.
- Past examples of sample price lists and gallery maps may be helpful to clarify pricing.
- If prices vary for groupings of objects, organize them into categories and have one price for the set. For example, “small prints $50 or large prints $75”.
- Framed and unframed versions of prints may require a pricing structure for both.
- Ask your advisor for advice BEFORE determining pricing. Things to consider when pricing your artwork.
Your work will be covered under the college insurance policy during the exhibition.
- You must provide an insurance value for all artwork. Insurance companies require past sales records for claims so values should be reasonable.
- Enter an insurance value for individual objects or one value for the TOTAL value of an installation.
- Enter a TOTAL value for a series of objects once in the insurance column.
- The insurance value is usually the same as the sales price.
Label/Price List Options
Label List – Pricing Samples
A label list works well for a condensed series or a group of works. Create a numbered list matching to the installation in a Word doc, JPG or PDF and email to Mona.
Map – Map Samples
Making a map of the wall installation is a good option if you have multiple pieces in a grid or salon style display. Number your works and create a corresponding diagram for titles and prices. Create the map in a Word doc, JPG or PDF and email to Mona.
Mona has examples of previous labeling/price list solutions. Please contact her for more information or with any questions if you have special requests regarding your labels or pricing list.