In a recent survey of alumni who completed Intro to Race and Ethnic Studies and at least three electives, 98% reported that had they known of their degree progress they would have declared a RACE major or concentration due to the importance of cross-cultural knowledge and skills to their vocations. Of this group, 40% would have pursued a major and 60% a concentration.
To meet this need, Race and Ethnic Studies formed an advising team to help students plan their coursework in fulfillment of a major or concentration. To begin exploring your interests, please download the advising worksheet 2018 and make an appointment with a faculty affiliate/program advisor below:
- Associate Professor of Sociology and Anthropology Ibtesam Al Atiyat
- Assistant Professor of Religion Anthony Bateza
- Assistant Professor of Sociology and Anthropology Vivian Choi
- Professor of History and O.C. and Patricia Boldt Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Humanities Judy Kutulas
- Associate Professor of English and program director of Race and Ethnic Studies Jennifer Kwon Dobbs