Tightrope Carousel is the system that runs the digital TV displays hanging in Buntrock Commons and other buildings. This is a great (free) way to get the word out about your event or service without posting paper flyers.
Events need to be listed on the St. Olaf Master Calendar before they will be made live on the system. Services or announcements do not need to be listed on the calendar. Slides announcing appropriate community events and happenings are welcome, per the guidelines.
Official policies listed here: Tightrope_Policy11_21_12
Tightrope Carousel “How To”
If you already have an account on tightrope (tr), skip to step 2.
- To request an account on tightrope, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your regular St. Olaf account does not work with Tightrope.
- Go to tr.stolaf.edu and login.
- On the next screen, you can choose to start a new bulletin or manage your old bulletins.
- Now, you can choose to use a standard template (just type in your information) or upload a file (from something you have created). Standard templates have boxes you can fill in, but you can alter the layout of the template, too.
If you upload a file, the dimension need to be: 960px wide by 1080px tall. Images of other sizes will be resized upon upload.
Formats accepted: .bmp .gif .jpg .mpg .png .tif
- Schedule your bulletin by selecting No for “Always Active”, then select the times when you want the slide to be displayed and hit submit.
Once finished, the bulletin will be submitted for approval. Slides will be approved within 48 hours.