Are you interested in developing in-demand data analytics skills, while earning an industry recognized credential over interim?
Oles participating in this exclusive, full time, co-curricular program will complete the Google Data Analytics Certification online (via Coursera) starting over the holiday break (if you choose to start early) and continue the online training full time throughout interim 2022. This certification can take up to 160 hours to complete (this is the max- total training time depends on the individual). The Piper Center will pay for all certification expenses.
Google’s Data Analytics Certificate provides the skills needed for internships and jobs in data analytics. Please find more information on Google Data Analytics Certification HERE.
You’ll learn about:
- Data types and structures
- Using data to solve problems
- How to analyze data
- Data storytelling with visualizations
- Using R programming to supercharge your analysis
The curriculum will include:
- Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere
- Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions
- Prepare Data For Exploration
- Process Data from Dirty to Clean
- Analyze Data to Answer Questions
- Share Data Through the Art of Visualization
- Data Analysis with R Programming
- Data Analytics Capstone Project: Complete a Case Study
St. Olaf students who complete the Google Data Analytics certification by January 26th will take part in a team based, 20 hour, mini-internship with Ovative, a premiere marketing analytics firm, applying your analytics skills to a real-world problem, and presenting your solution to Ovative’s leadership team. Mini-internship participants will also be given the opportunity to interview for Ovative’s summer internships and full‑time, post-grad positions.
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is one of the only firms in the country uniting strategy, media, and measurement under one roof to drive enterprise results. Our teams work together to help change-makers in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations transform their marketing and measurement programs and drive long term business impact. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Our clients across the nation span various industries including retail, CPG, healthcare, hospitality, education, and much more. Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces, four years on Inc. 5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always over-delivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
The Mini-Internship Experience:
Ovative Group is offering a January 2022 Mini-Internship opportunity (exclusive to St. Olaf students) who are interested in learning about and gaining experience in digital media and data analytics, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Interns will be given a real Ovative client and project details at the start of the program.
- Interns will leverage Ovative resources and the Google Analytics platform to understand the client’s business/industry, consider their short- and long-term business goals, analyze their real client data, translate analyses into clearly communicated insights via documented deliverables, and conduct a final presentation in front of Ovative leaders.
- Interns will meet with program leaders and senior leaders for project work, training and networking
- Interns will become certified in Google Data Analytics – a great addition to a resume.
- Interns will receive the opportunity to formally interview for an internship or full-time opportunity with Ovative Group this spring (late February – early March)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will possess:
- Strong interest for digital marketing and data analytics
- Passion for excellence, and drive for results
- Exceptional organization abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, to drive efforts from start to finish
- Interns will walk away with:
- Certification in Google Data Analytics
- Structured problem-solving skills and deeper analytical acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A new network of leaders and mentors!
- The certification program and mini-internship will begin January 3rd through January 28th, 2022
- Jan 3: Program Kick-Off with Daniel Hollerung, St. Olaf College’s Digital Marketing Specialist & Project Manager for this program. Daniel is a Google Analytics expert will provide students with on-site support with the Google Analytics training throughout the month, and provide assistance to student teams during the mini-internship.
- Jan 4: Mini-Internship Kick-Off Meeting/Introduction to the Ovative Group
- Jan 19th: Mid-point check in on progress toward Google Analytics Certification with Daniel & Piper Center team
- Jan 27th & 28th: Ovative mini-internship (20 hours), final pitch presentations, & feedback from Ovative leadership
- Ovative will provide opportunities for students to visit our Minneapolis Office
- Students will be invited in office for the final presentations. Other opportunities to come in office will be determined at a later date.
- Interns should expect to contribute an estimate of 20-30 hours total during the January 27th/28th mini-internship timeframe.
Students should be prepared to focus full time during the month of January. This program is open to current sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
The Piper Center for Vocation and Career will cover all training fees and expenses for this program. This will be a full time co-curricular experience, and no academic credit will be offered. In order to create a robust, cohort-based community, students will be expected to on campus for the experience (exceptions could be made on a case-by-case basis may be considered).
Ovative Group is one of the only firms in the country uniting strategy, media, and measurement under one roof to drive enterprise results. Our teams work together to drive business impact for clients such as General Mills, United Healthcare, Lane Bryant, Facebook, and more. Recognized consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always over delivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.